CULTURAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR/ PRESENTOR/LECTURER
Now seeking Art Instructors, and Crafting Instructors, and/or Cultural Education Instructors, all disciplines.
ART247 is looking for wonderful Arts & Cultural Instructors and Teachers dedicated to the Arts! From traditional classrooms, to creative studies, help us immerse Greater Western NY youth and adults in the Arts! We love your support in providing our community with great instruction, exhibitions, and programs! We offer great pay levels for all programming.
We are currently seeking successful, enthusiastic ART TEACHERS and/or CRAFT INSTRUCTORS and/or CULTURAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTORS/PRESENTORS/LECTURERS for multiple positions. The ideal candidate/s will be committed to providing outstanding classroom & workshop instruction, be able to create their own classroom curricula, and organizing unique, memorable events that are of the highest quality. S/he/they/them should be passionate about Art/Craft history, techniques, detail oriented, and highly creative. This role also requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to manage classroom environments. If this sounds like an opportunity that excites you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Displays effective Leadership and verbal communications skills.
- Displays effective collaborative skills.
- Exhibits strong ability to build connections with children/adults and to develop an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Understands basic principles of social, emotional and cognitive development
- Demonstrates an ability to build children's'/adults' visual eye and artistic mind
- Approaches problem-solving in a positive, creative and encouraging manner
- Has a cooperative team spirit, integrity, and solid work ethic
- Is comfortable helping children/adults strive for excellence with warmth, encouragement and direct guidance in skill building
- Has familiarity with marketing and promoting Classes/Workshops
- Has the ability to read the class and pace the instruction to complete the class in the assigned time frame.
- Facilitates student success by demonstrating the ability to provide appropriate expectations and boundaries that promote and maintain a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Works in collaboration with the director to support the continuity of ongoing projects/workshops in the classroom and Arts & Cultural Center.
- Teaches students a particular art discipline in depth as well as has the ability to run a multi-faceted art class
- Must be willing to set up for class, teach class, and clean-up after class.
- Supports Director with promotion of class and student retention.
- Ability to retain current students and make new students feel comfortable quickly.
- Ability to attend occasional program fundraising events.
- Exposes children to a diversity of materials and techniques within class medium taught.
- Teaches students to appreciate art
- Develops students’ artistic eye
- Works collaboratively with Director on special programs
- Document children's' experiences & class progress.
- Immerses Adults in an engaging & fun experience while exposing adults to new/advanced techniques within the class medium that's being taught.
- Periodically Document Student Experiences and Progress.Special Education Art Instruction:
- Create specialized art objectives and goals based on the individuated needs of the class students.
- Must have a Driver’s License/State Issued Photo ID and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a DOJ background check
- Must have cell phone and computer access-including email, and ability to call/text
- Participate in a mandatory orientation and training meetings.
- *For Special Education Art Instructors - Requirements: NYS Teaching Certification in art and/or Special Education is required, Prior Classroom Experience required.
- *For Child-Age Art Education and/or Workshop Instructors - Requirements: Prior Classroom experience with elementary, middle, and/or junior-high age students.
- *For Adult Education and/or Workshops: Prior formal teaching and/or community edu/workshop instructor experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Art, with strong visual arts foundation.
APPLY: Cover Letter, Resume, Portfolio, References
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $65.00 per hour